Everlake Online Privacy Notice
Effective Date: 1 November 2021
Everlake Services Company and its affiliates (collectively, “Everlake”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Online Privacy Notice describes the types of personal information we collect, how we use the information, with whom we may share it, and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe measures we take to protect the security of the information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
This Online Privacy Notice applies to personal information we obtain through this website and other sites, applications, and data collection points that link to this Online Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Site”). Other privacy principles or policies could apply depending on how you interact with us, the financial products or services you may ultimately obtain from us, or the jurisdiction in which we are doing business with you.
If you are a California consumer and would like information about our online and offline privacy practices and how to exercise your rights, please see our California Consumer Privacy Statement.
Information We Obtain
We may obtain the following types of personal information when you choose to provide it through our Site:
- Contact information (such as name, telephone number, and postal and email address);
- Information you provide in the course of submitting a claim (such as a policy number, Social Security number, and date of birth);
- Information you provide in the course of applying for a job with us (such as details about your education, work, and military history, legal work eligibility status, and background check information);
- Other information you choose to provide (such as through our “Let’s Get in Touch” feature and emails); and
- Any other personal information in content you provide on our Site.
When you visit our Site, we may obtain certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, web server logs, and other technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. The information we collect in this manner may include your device IP address, unique device identifier, web browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, clickstream data, and dates and times of website visits.
We may use these automated technologies on our Site to collect information about your equipment, browsing actions, and usage patterns. These technologies help us (1) remember your information so you do not have to re-enter it; (2) track and understand how you use and interact with our Site; (3) tailor the Site around your preferences; (4) measure the usability of our Site and the effectiveness of our communications; and (5) otherwise manage and enhance our products and services, and help ensure they are working properly.
Your browser may tell you how to be notified about certain types of automated collection technologies and how to restrict or disable them. Please note, however, that without these technologies, you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site. For mobile devices, you can manage how your device and browser share certain device data by adjusting the privacy and security settings on your mobile device.
The Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” signals from browsers.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- Provide and maintain our products and services;
- Administer, update, and service your policy;
- Process and fulfill transactions in connection with our products and services (such as to file, process, and track claims);
- Respond to and communicate with you about your requests, questions, and comments and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, surveys, events, and programs;
- Advertise and market our products and services;
- Manage career opportunities with us (such as for recruitment purposes, candidate screening and evaluation, and employee onboarding);
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business (such as for developing new products and services; enhancing, improving, and analyzing our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our user base and Site; performing data analytics and market research; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions);
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our Site, products, and services and prevent misuse;
- Exercise our rights and remedies and defend against legal claims;
- Protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Third-Party Analytics Services
We may use third-party analytics services on our Site, such as Google Analytics. The information we obtain through the Site may be disclosed to or collected directly by these services. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Information We Share
We may share the information we obtain about you with our affiliates. We also may share the information we obtain about you with third party administrators, third-party vendors, and other entities that perform services on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analytics, and other services.
We also may disclose personal information (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm or financial loss; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or (6) otherwise with your consent or as directed by your representative.
We reserve the right to transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, or liquidation).
Your Rights and Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you. To limit the communications you receive from us or submit a request, please contact us as indicated in the How To Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice. You can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized access, destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, or use.
Our Site is designed for a general audience and is not directed to children. In connection with the Site, we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will either seek parental consent or promptly delete that information. If you believe that a child under age 13 may have provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us as specified in the How To Contact Us section of this Online Privacy Notice.
Links to Third-Party Services and Features
For your convenience and information, our Site may provide links to other online services, and may include third-party features such as apps, tools, widgets, and plug-ins. These online services and third-party features may operate independently from us. The privacy practices of the relevant third parties, including details on the information they may collect about you, are subject to the privacy statements of these parties, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked online services or third-party features are not owned or controlled by Everlake, we are not responsible for these third parties’ information practices.
Updates to Our Online Privacy Notice
We may update this Online Privacy Notice from time to time and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices. We will indicate at the top of the policy when it was most recently updated.
How to Contact Us
You can ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists, submit a request, or ask us questions about this Online Privacy Notice by writing to us at email@example.com.